The application period for Kirchner Fellowship Costa Rica is now open.
Click here to apply
(you will be required to log into a Google account in order to complete the application form)
This application form will require that you complete several questions and also attach your resume (or CV) as well as your (official or unofficial) transcript. Please be sure to have those documents ready to submit before you begin the process.
Application period for Americas, HBCU and Mexico programs remain closed until 2023.
Click here to be notified when the application period opens.
The purpose of the Kirchner Fellowship program is to foster the development of individuals who have the practical skills and knowledge to make effective investments in emerging agricultural technologies that have the possibility of addressing global food security in underserved regions and communities.
The principal part of the Kirchner Fellowship will be undertaken over an academic year but Fellows will be expected to have a continuing commitment and interest in the investment portfolio, to their cohort of Fellows and to subsequent cohorts of Fellows.
Candidates must be enrolled in a college or university in the United States, Canada, Mexico or Central America. They must be self-motivated, hard-working and possess a passion for investing in promising early-stage, for-profit, socially-responsible companies that will positively impact the planet. The fellowship also awards a scholarship to each selected fellow.
Fellows will be selected using the following process:
- A Fellowship may be held by a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Ideal candidates will exhibit personal initiative, integrity, drive, and team-player potential, as well as strong academic credentials and an entrepreneurial spirit. They will be expected to articulate these characteristics in the application process
- The application process will comprise assessment in the following ways
- Completion of an application form
- Submission of university transcripts
- Telephone interviews with members of the Selection Committee
- Qualifications of the candidates for the Fellowship and the strength of the application will be reviewed by a Selection Committee established for the process
- March 1st – April 30th – Application Period Open
- May 15th – May 31st Internal Review Process
- June – Fellows Selected
- August – Program Commences
COSTA RICA PROGRAM TIMELINE
- September 19 – November 6 – Application Period Open
- November 21 – November 30 – Internal Review Process
- December – Fellows Selected
- January – Program Commences